Monster Mash Ten Years Later

Here are some new verses written by me partly to get Tom Eshelman into the song, and partly to let you know what the good Doctor is up to these days. I found a more recent YouTube video (Monster Mash) since the previous video was pulled due to copyright violations.

Ten years later Tom wondered where I was
Eshelman had not heard from me, it gave him pause
All my web pages had vanished from sight
I was playing my Monster E nearly every night

(It's now an E) It's now a Monster E
(a triple E) hooked to a double B
(a double B) in tune in any key
('tweighs 83) It's now a Monster E

Some years back, the trumpet was out of tune
Brass Quintet replaced me with a double bassoon
No groups would have me, I was all alone
and then it hit me, I could build my own.

(Up in the shop) I burned the midnight 'erl
(I didn't chop) I gave Excel a whirl
(a new crop) in tune with no squirrel
(I didn't stop) it's a real pearl

I had to go build something old yet new
And my monster E was getting lonely too
I stayed up all night to design another one
A smaller Gronitz that won't weigh a ton

(It was an E) An itty bitty E
(a high high E) hooked to a single B
(a single B) in tune in every key
('weighs 23) a double belled Euphie

We play duets, in perfect well tempered harmony
Three bells shine in any mode of any key
We play duets by Bach, Henning, Self and Sear
Sometimes we make things up and play by ear

(It was an heir) only takes half the air
(I have to share) a duet takes a pair
(some people stare) others do not care
(it's unfair) I have two bells there

1 comments:

eeferman (visit their site)

Great lyrics - I'm honored! I did not know about the double euph - is it for real? Glad to know that Dr. Young still going strong.

btw - I played a Conn Monster BBb made in 1955 for most of the 90's -but it was just too big for me. I'm happier on my Besson 983.